Above: Pumpkin Roll: Recipe
Below: YouTube's Polish Chef!
|Ah... the anticipation! Homemade Croissants: Recipe | Video|
|Search Web box||Search the Web|
About UsOur local classes are held in the kitchen of Cooperative Extension of Oneida County (Home and Garden Center), Come and learn not only how to follow a recipe (and we have some great ones), but to expand your knowledge of ingredients, techniques, and tools, enjoying an up-close and personal culinary experience. Classes are taught by me, Susan Sady, who with my husband Dariusz, operated Polonaise Restaurant in South Utica for nineteen years.
- It's Pumpkin Roll time of year, so a made a little tutorial with pics, recipe and a tiny video. Hope you find it helpful!
- We have completed our 2014 Fall season of classes. Our 2015 Winter session will be posted soon - still working on the details. Hope you can join us in making some great food!
- I have a new croissant video on my YouTube channel. Hope you'll check it out -You can't imagine how wonderful they smell while baking. When they come out of the oven, you even get to eat them!
- One of my goals in life was to make a fantastic grilled pizza and I believe that has been accomplished. I would like to share my results with you in my Grilled Pizza video. It's perfect for any occasion, easy and delicious too. You'll love it! Here's the recipe.
- Dariusz, AKA The Polish Chef, has uploaded his latest video, Grilled Kielbasa Sandwiches with Sauerkraut. You'll get to see his visit to Pulaski Meat Market in Utica, NY, where he buys some delicious smoked kielbasa, takes it home and then grills it to perfection. His previous video was How to Make Cabbage Rolls. You should watch these videos to the end for the extra entertainment, Dariusz style! His YouTube Channel will be a part of Susan's Cooking School, but with its own personal touch (that includes beer). Dariusz's videos are authentically Polish, great fun to watch, interesting and informative!
- Cooler weather is now upon us, so why not anticipate the aroma of delicious sweet and savory goods baking in your oven! Please enjoy these videos, How to Make Pie Dough and Apple Pear Pie, Pizza For Two, and Olive Rosemary Bread. In How to Make Pie Dough and Apple Pear Pie, I show you two methods of how to make a very versatile, professional quality pie dough at home and then use that dough to make a beautiful double crust, fresh Apple Pear Pie. There is a companion article on my blog: Pastry flour vs. All Purpose Flour. Pizza For Two started out as a pizza-for-kids project, but I realized that most adults would love a simple and quick way to make individual size pizzas! As far as olive bread goes...I fell in love with Wegman's rosemary olive bread with sea salt and just had to create my own version.
- Have you ever wanted to make beautiful Polish pierogi? Visit my Pierogi Page for videos and special recipes.
- Visit our Blog and see what we've been up to and/or to post your comments. I look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact us via our Contact Us page or by email if you have any questions or would like to be put on our mailing list.
Contact Instructor: Susan Sady